Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cassandra Cauble :: "Love"ly Flowers

Hello everyone!  This is Cassandra from CREATING with COLOR by CASSANDRA.  I'm so excited to be with you all today for my very first post in Peachy-land!!  Since it's the beginning of a new year, I usually try to make some Happy Birthday cards to have on hand in case I need one in a pinch.  Here is one using the PKSC-13 January 2013 Kit of the Month:


I don't know about you all, but sometimes I like to look at stamps and see how I can use them in different ways.  For this fun little card, I took the Love Lollipop stamp and cut off the sticks - leaving the leftover hearts to use as 'flower petals'.


Here is a closer look.  I used 3 different colors of ink for the petals.  Then I curled up the edges and adhered them together with pop dots.  (I just love dimension.  It completely changes the look and feel of every project).  In the center, I added a brad from my stash.


For the stem, I used a black pipe cleaner.  I added some pretty polka dot ribbon for the leaves.  And if you look closely under the ribbon, you can see that I stamped the little swirlies for even more leaf definition.


The "Happy Birthday!" sentiment in this kit has the cutest font!  Don't you just love it??  In this picture, you can also see that I added some stitching around the border of the card with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.


For a cute little touch, I added these fun bee stickers.  Then, I used a black ~ Zig Writer pen to show the bees in 'motion' (this is another great technique to really bring your card to life).


Well that's it for me today.  I hope I have inspired you to make some Birthday Cards of your own to have on hand for the New Year.  Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

Lorie said...

Super sweet card, Cassandra! I love the way you used the heart lollipop to make flowers! GENIUS!!!

Cindy Beland said...

BEAUTIFUL birthday card Cassandra!your flowers are soooo pretty and such a great idea,I LOVE your sweet little bees!!!!FANTASTIC job my sweet friend!!!:)

tracym110 said...

I LOVE this one Miss Cassandra!! So cute! It is nice to have a stash of Birthday cards on hand and this is a great start!! Congrats on making the DT here!! You certainly deserve it!
:)
Tracy

Janice W. said...

I love everything about this
Cassandra! Clever use of the heart lollipop!

Lisa said...

OMG Cassandra, that card is gorgeous, love all the elements. The flowers are gorgeous.

sweetpeaemmalou said...

Beautiful card! Love the flowers! So creative!

CherylB said...

Oh my goodness! Such a cute card...great job. Love every element of this super cute card!