Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Tanya Adams :: Back To School Notebook

Hi there Peachy friends, how are you?  This is Tanya from Nonna's Craft Corner with a fun back-to-school project to share with you.  My granddaughter will be starting the 3rd grade in a few days and I wanted to make something special for her first day back at school.  I decided to go with a notebook to help her keep with all those important things 3rd graders have to keep up with.....



To put this little cutie together, I covered some chipboard (4.5 X 5.5) with some school patterned paper.  I cut paper for the inside from plain computer printer paper and bound everything together with some red wire and my Cinch.

I added some pretty twine and those cute little red glasses that I found in the jewelery making section of my local craft store.  Next, I pulled out my PK stamps and got inky!

I love the notebook paper stamp from the August 2012 PK Stamp Club - PKSC-08.  I stamped it onto white cardstock to use as my background mat.  I wanted to personalize Emma's notebook so I pulled out my Lucy's ABC's & 123's set - PK-155 and stamped the letters for Emma's name onto my background mat. I love these letters because they can be colored in to match anything!

Next, I hand cut a bit of grass from some green polka dot paper.  Then I colored up this darling little schoolhouse (from the PKSC-08 set) with my Copic markers, cut it out and glued everything together.

Okay, now for the inside.....


I made a little pocket and tag for the inside cover. The front of the pocket is peachied up with another cute image from the PKSC-08 set.  I just love that apple with the silly face and glasses!  And, because my granddaughter is so smart (spoken like a true Nonna), I added the A+ stamp in the bottom right hand corner of the pocket!

Using a few more images from this stamp set, I randomly stamped a few pages inside the notebook for Emma to doodle on...in her "free time" of course!

And, here's a photo with the tag removed from the pocket....


Isn't that little pencil just too cute?

Well, I think that about wraps up my back-to-school project. Thank you so much for stopping by today - I always enjoy sharing my PK projects with you!  And, speaking of sharing, before I let you go I want to share this awesome PK Sale with you.....


Pretty awesome, huh?  You don't want to miss this one!
I hope you have a Peachy day!
Tanya

3 comments:

GiGi said...

Tanya, that is SO COOL and CUTE! I'm sure Emma just LOVED it!

Cassandra said...

How cute! She will absolutely love it!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

That pencil is very cute...I like the green apple too. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com