Monday, October 15, 2012

Lorie Souther :: Fall Fun Cards

Hello!  Have you been having lots of Fall fun this season?  The trees are gorgeous here right now, and making cards to celebrate this beautiful season couldn't be more fun.  It's Lorie from The ThINKin' Spot here today, and I have a couple of cards to share that I created for a fun event over on The Peachy Keen Connection.  One of our members there recently hosted a Fall Card Swap, and I joined in on the fun by taking two spots in her swap.  I decided to go with one Fall themed card and one Halloween card, and I love how they turned out.  I hope those who received them, loved them, too!

For my first card I used the spider and You Are Boo-ti-ful sentiment  from the  PK-630 Nikkity Knack Cat Gang stamp set.  I thought this little guy would be cute with some googly eyes,  and I found these small  size ones that fit just perfectly.   I just love the Have A Peachy Keen Halloween sentiment.  That was a free stamp that was included with every order during a sale at Peachy Keen Stamps a few weeks ago.   Hopefully you were one of the lucky ones who got in on that awesome deal!  The little spider was stamped directly onto a pre-printed tag, and that helped make this a quick and easy card, and the inspiration for the layout of this one came from a stamping friend.  

For my second card I decided to go with a Fall theme, and I knew I wanted to use some of this wonderful paper that I got from Stampin' Up!.  It matched so perfectly with this little ear of corn from the Pk-292 Faceless Corn stamp set.  I kept the embellishments simple, because I wanted the background paper and that sweet little ear of corn to shine.

Well, I think that's all I've got for you today.  I hope you've enjoyed what you've seen and that  you had a great weekend.  Have a great week, and HAPPY STAMPING to ya!!


3 comments:

Kate said...

These cards are so CUTE!!!! So bummed I missed that freebie, I really love that sentiment.

Glora said...

Oh Lorie, these are PERFECT! Wonderful job the ladies who got these will be thrilled. hugs - Glora

Cassandra said...

Great cards! Love the embossing. And the corn is just too cute :)