Hi there Peachy Fans, Tanya from Nonna's Craft Corner here with you today! While it's getting warmer and more like Spring everyday in my neck of the woods, I know that many of you are still dealing with cold temps and lots of snow. So, I thought I would send you wishes of sunshine and springtime with my little home decor project....
How's that for a touch of Springtime?
Let me tell you how I put this together:
* I started with a small shadowbox (this one measures 6.5 by almost 7 inches).
* Next, I cut cut cardboard pieces to fit each opening (I used the back piece of my paper stacks). Using the same measurements, I cut my patterned paper for each opening. I inked up the edges of all the pieces and glue the patterned paper to the cardboard. Then I machine stitched around all the edges of each section.
(The layer of cardboard makes each section a bit sturdier than cardstock alone)
Now comes the fun part....time to decorate!
* My sweet little duck was created using the Duck and Egg Die (CC-PK4X4-020) and her fun hat was made with the Duck Accessories Die (CC-PK4X6-004). These dies are just darling....
* This was the first time I have used these dies and I have to say, it was super simple, easy to put together and I love the way this little cutie turned out....
* I inked up the edges of my little duck with a bit of orange ink and colored her bill with a Copic marker. I added a few paper-punched daisies to the brim of her hat and gave her a pink twine bow.
* The banner, sign and grass are all cut from files purchased from the Silhouette Online Store.
* The word "SPRING" is from the Peachy Keen Stamp Set Spring Loaded PK-165
* The tulips are cut from a file I found at Miss Kate Cuttables. I added some Peachy Cuteness to them with the Everyday Character Face Assortment (PK-490).
And...there you go...a touch of SPRING!
Thanks so much for stopping by today...see you soon!