Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tanya Adams :: Spring Shadow Box

Hi there Peachy Fans, Tanya from Nonna's Craft Corner here with you today!  While it's getting warmer and more like Spring everyday in my neck of the woods, I know that many of you are still dealing with cold temps and lots of snow.  So, I thought I would send you wishes of sunshine and springtime with my little home decor project....


How's that for a touch of Springtime?

Let me tell you how I put this together:

* I started with a small shadowbox (this one measures 6.5 by almost 7 inches).
* Next, I cut cut cardboard pieces to fit each opening (I used the back piece of my paper stacks).  Using the same measurements, I cut my patterned paper for each opening. I inked up the edges of all the pieces and glue the patterned paper to the cardboard.  Then I machine stitched around all the edges of each section.

(The layer of cardboard makes each section a bit sturdier than cardstock alone)

 Now comes the fun part....time to decorate!


* My sweet little duck was created using the Duck and Egg Die (CC-PK4X4-020) and her fun hat was made with the Duck Accessories Die (CC-PK4X6-004).  These dies are just darling....


 
* This was the first time I have used these dies and I have to say, it was super simple, easy to put together and I love the way this little cutie turned out....


* I inked up the edges of my little duck with a bit of orange ink and colored her bill with a Copic marker.  I added a few paper-punched daisies to the brim of her hat and gave her a pink twine bow.
* The banner, sign and grass are all cut from files purchased from the Silhouette Online Store.
* The word "SPRING" is from the Peachy Keen Stamp Set Spring Loaded PK-165


* The tulips are cut from a file I found at Miss Kate Cuttables.  I added some Peachy Cuteness to them with the Everyday Character Face Assortment (PK-490).

And...there you go...a touch of SPRING!
Thanks so much for stopping by today...see you soon!

Tanya


8 comments:

GiGi said...

Tanya, this is GORGEOUS! I love how you created the picture frame with all the cute cuts and faces. The stitching on the background looks amazing and I love the spring colors! Awesome job!

SherriB said...

This is the most adorable window box I've ever seen! I just love it!!

Cindy Beland said...

Such a SUPER CUTE project idea Tanya!It looks GORGEOUS my friend,I LOVE everything about it!!!:)

Cassandra said...

This is AMAZING!!! And so totally cute!!! GREAT job :)

Janice W. said...

This is such an awesome work of art! I love it!

Sukie said...

So super, duper cute, just love it!

Unknown said...

Oh my word Tanya!! This is one amazing shadow box! LOVE the fresh and fun elements. SO clever!
Hugs Viv xxx

Shelly said...

Wow, this is soooo fabulous!!! What a gorgeous shadow box! I love the duckie he's so CUTE!
Hope you have a great day my friend!
Shelly