Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Raven Baca :: Picture Perfect

Hey everyone, Raven here! How are you on this beautiful Wednesday? Oh my I am really sad about today hahaha. This is my final personal post for Peachy Keen Stamps. If you haven't yet you really need to go on over and apply for the 2013 Design Team!!! There is still some time so RUN~DON'T WALK! Seriously best DT experience EVER EVER!!!! ;)

Today I wanted to make a really fun layout using some pre-made embellishments. I used Peachy Keen backgrounds for both of these embellis.

(Feel free to click on the photo to enlarge it.)
 Okay so here we go with the embellishments. I'll walk you through them both in case you would like to make your own.
First: Grab your favorite background stamp from Peachy Keen Stamps.
I grabbed the PK-296 XOXOXOXO A-2 Background Stamp as well as the PK-104 What Time is it?? background stamp.

For the tag I cheated! Yup I used a pre-made white tag from Avery. Did you know you can buy these at Wal-mart for 1.00. YEAH I'm being totally serious.

*Ink up the area of your background stamp that you would like to use. I used Tim Holtz Spun Sugar. Now you can use a block to mount your background stamps but I don't I just leave them on the plastic sheet they come on and ink them up right off of that.
*Then lightly press your stamp onto your tag. The images are so crisp there is no need for a lot of pressure.
*The ink will stay wet for a few minutes so I brought out my Stampin Up Pastels and a cotton ball and picked Pretty In Pink to cover my entire tag. This really brings out the color in the Spun Sugar since it is so light.
*Ink the edges with Vintage Photo to match the rest of the layout and you are done. ;)
Easy Peasy right. Okay  now let me tell you how I made the brad...

For the brad you are going to need the I-Top, Small brad template or the small punch (16mm brad) from Imaginisce and the paper of your choice. I used Kraft paper. You are going to repeat the same steps as above just with Walnut Stain Ink. :)
*Then you will punch out (or cut out) the template from the small 16mm brad punch by Imaginisce.
*Follow the steps in this video...Here!
And you are all done. ;)

Here's a complete list of What was used:
Ink- Spun Sugar, & Vintage Photo
Embellishments- Tag, handmade circle embellis, Prima Flowers, Pearl Strand (Teresa Collins) I-top brad, Felt heart, Sticky Keys Alphabet (October Afternoon), Eskimo Kisses Alphabet (Basic Grey), Thread from my sewing machine & lastly Pink and green washi tape.
Stamps- PK-296 XOXOXOXO A-2 Background Stamp & PK-104 What Time is it??
Tools- I-Top, Sewing Machine, 1 3/8 circle punch, 1 3/4 circle punch, Martha Stewart scallop circle punch.
Paper- All of the paper is from a paper pack I bought a few years ago.
Adhesive- ATG and dimensionals as well as some Glossy Accents to adhere the pearl strand down and hold down the ends of my threading. :)
Thank you all so much for stopping by. I really hope you are enjoying the layouts as much as I'm enjoying making them. :)

5 comments:

Lorie said...

Your page is just beautiful, Raven! Absolutely stunning!!

Caroline said...

This page is so beautiful love the colours and design. Caroline xxx

Tracy said...

So beautiful, I love the colours. just lovely x

Unknown said...

Super cute, love the layout and the colors!

girlia said...

Great LO Raven. perfect is perfect!