Friday, September 23, 2011

Polka Dot Gypsy - Day 5 "The Finale"

Wow! I can't believe the week is over already. Thanks to Peachy Keen Stamps for giving me this opportunity to share this week with you. I have learned so much and have met some truly wonderful people. So the time has come, bittersweet as it may be, to raise the curtain on the Grand Finale.

Fall is my favorite time of year and I love to decorate for Halloween. So, all the projects today are Halloween party favors and decorations. The projects are made to be as simple or as detailed as you want them to be with emphasis on quick. I have used Candy Monsters and Potted Flowers dies for cutting my projects today. These dies come with face stamps. If you do not have a Cuttlebug or Sizzix, Peachy Keen offers the stamp set, Halloween Sweet Folks. Just stamp, color and cut out your images. I have used the same cardstock throughout so that everything will coordinate.

Here is the first little candy corn cutie. He is resting on the nutty flower (nut cup flower) and is attached to a bundle of Pixy Stix. All of the pieces were die cut and glued together. The faces were stamped and colored. I used Prismacolor pencils to add color to the face.




Here's a pot of Pixy Stix. There's that nutty flower again! For the smaller flowers I used flowers cut with the Potted Flowers die cut set. The flowers and candy corn were layered and attached to the Pixy Stix. Then secured in the pot. A ribbon and bow was added.



I had to do just one more paper bag project. And this is a simple one.



Fold, decorate, add candy and tie it up! What could be more simple?




Candy Bar Wrapper Instructions

Supplies

Small Brown Bag 4 3/4" X 8 1/3"

Front Panel
2 3/4" X 4 1/2" Black Mat
2 1/2" X 4 1/4" Yellow Plaid

Back Panel
2" X 4 1/2" Black Mat
1 3/4" X 4 1/4" Yellow Plaid

Inside panel
2 3/4" X 4 1/4"

Folding the Bag

Fold bag bottom over the bottom edge as shown.




Fold top of bag over the bottom as shown.


Now that the wrapper is folded, make the panels and attach to the front, back and inside of the wrapper.



Create your panels as desired. Below are the panels I used on this project. Happy Halloween was heat embossed. The candy corn and star strips are Reflections, Bling on a roll. Pretty easy to add a little sparkle to your Halloween project.


Attach panels. Be sure to attach the black ribbon before gluing down the front panel. Sandwiching the ribbon between the paper bag and the panel will help to hold the ribbon in place.

Here is a cute little treat bag decorated with the Reflections tape. Isn't that candy corn just adorable? You could use these for table favors and fill them with candy. What a treat!!!



No party would be complete without a centerpiece. This one is made from a paper mache witches hat. I painted the hat with black acrylic paint. The orange and purple dots were punched with the 1" punch. The candy corn cutie was attached with a tensil chenille stem.



And with much sadness, I share my final project. The Tic Tag Toe project is made with a purchased magnetic message board. The Candy Corn folks and the monster kisses were used as the game pieces with magnets attached to the back. A tag punch was used for the candy monsters background to give them stability. Reflection tape was used for dividers.The tape has a adhesive backing. I used the Tim Holtz mini paper rosette die for the border along the bottom and the nutty flower was used for embellishment.



I just want to remind you that I will be giving away In Stitches Face Assortment stamp set donated by Peachy Keen Stamps. To enter, leave a message here a the bottom of this post. Then hop on over to Polka Dot Gypsy and leave me a message. Tell me what your favorite project was for the week. Saturday morning I will announce the winner!


I hope you have gotten something to take with you this week. Something useful that you can pass along to others who love the craft as much as we do. For me, I am taking a week full of wonderful memories. Late nights finishing up my projects, trying to weed out the less important projects and trying not to blush as I read your wonderful comments. I've learned a lot this week and I am so thankful that I was one of the chosen to be a guest designer for Peachy Keen Stamps. This has truly been a week that I will never forget and I will treasure. I hope you visit my blog often.

Again I just want to say thanks and wish your next guest designer the very best. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects! But for now, I'm going to rest a little and then put up all my stamping supplies so I can start all over again.

Have a wonderful day and don't forget to check in tomorrow to see who won the stamp set from Peachy Keen.

Jane, the Polka Dot Gypsy

20 comments:

Unknown said...

So hard to pick a a favorite, but I do love the paper bag candy wrapper idea.. I can see many uses for it in any season.. thanks.
Sharonmuenker@aol.com

jessica said...

Another awesome day of projects! Love all the PK stamps and dies used and LOVE those paper bag cards and candy wrappers. TFS
Jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Lucy said...

Love all the projects todays! The candy corn people are the best :)

Maria said...

Love all the projects you shared this week
marial302003@yahoo.com

smyiow said...

Your work haa been so amazing and creative! I have really enjoyed your projects this week!


my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com
smmyiow@gmail.com

Jovan said...

WOW, another GREAT project! You are so creative with the paper bag.

Debbie said...

Holy Cow, these are the CUTEST! Love them all and will add to my must make list for next year! TFS.

Dawn, RI said...

I just love the candy corn cutie. Its adorable.
I still cannot post on your blog,
Idont get it,
Dawn RI
abosoffit@hotmail.com

Jen R said...

All of your pojects have been super cute!!

kissmyjen at gmail.com
justcreativeme.blogspot.com

Liz O. said...

Jean: all your projects were outstanding, I fell in love with the brown paper bag!!! TFS all your tips and ideas. It has been a week full of inspiration. I hope you have a lovely wknd.
Liz

Heather said...

Love the candy bar wrapper!! So cute!
ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

Kemma said...

I love my Peachy Keen Stamps!!

Your blog always has such great creative ideas for me. I know its a little corny but I wish to share a Butterfly award with you, for the love of crafting that you and your team share daily. http://mykemmacards.blogspot.com/2011/09/butterfly-award-today-on-one-of-my-blog.html Thanks for inspiring me!
-Kemma

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Wow! You certainly went out with a Bang, Bang, Bang! Bravo Girlfriend. These were all just FABULOUS! Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

Sue D said...

Very cute projects--love the candy corn.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

callyannc said...

You did an amazing job this week! Loved the little flower pots, and candy corns! well I liked it all! TFs CallyAnn

Alisha said...

Great ideas, i would love to win some of these stamps.
alisha.moorenielsen@gmail.com

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the paper bag project.

Amy E said...

Those are the cutest little candy corns ever! Thanks for a fun week!

amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Glora said...

wow Jane, I hate to see this week end! You have done a FANTASTIC job. These treats and decorations and PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT!!!! Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

Jessica Buffa said...

Wow, lots of fun ideas for my upcoming Halloween Party! Beautiful Work!!!
Congrats AMY E on winning the PK stamps, too.
:O)
Jessica