Monday, September 24, 2012

Heather Hoffman :: Happy Fall


Good morning! Heather here from Houses Built of Cards! In case you didn't know, my family and I just moved a little over a month ago from Washington State to Wyoming - a significant change to say the least! We went from pretty much at sea level, to an elevation in our new home of about 7,200 feet! We just got back this past weekend from a week and a half visit back to Washington, and while fall is just beginning there, it is in full swing here in Wyoming, and actually almost finished sadly enough! Fall is one of my favorite seasons, so I decided to share a fall card with you - and wish you all Happy Fall! Enjoy it before it's gone! Here is my super simple card:
I used the cute scarecrow (as well as the sentiment and beautiful frame) from the brand new September Kit of the Month:


My papers are from Simple Stories - some of my favorite, and now I'm starting to run out! I used one of the small frame squares from the 6x6 paper pad for the scarecrow (colored with Copics then cut out by hand) to sit on, and distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz distress tool. I stamped the frame on kraft paper (also distressed), then added the sentiment, then allowed the top half of the frame to be covered up by the scarecrow and his panel. Used one final square of distressed pattern paper to mount it all on!
And...I just LOVE using Action Wobbles! It can make a rather simple card super fun and cute! So I put my little scarecrow on an Action Wobble! Here are a couple action shots:
 
 
You can find Action Wobbles HERE in the Peachy Keen Store! They last a long time too - totally worth the fun!
 And that's it! Super fun and simple card to celebrate the last little bit of my favorite season! Hope your week is off to a great start - and just gets better! 


4 comments:

Glora said...

Awesome card HEather, it turned out TERRIFIC! Hugs- Glora

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a FUN card! I love the patchwork paper with the distressed edges - so cute! Your little scarecrow is just adorable and your coloring is fabulous...such a fun, happy card!

Lisa said...

Very cute card. Love the face and that he is on a wobble. So cute.

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

SUPER AWESOME CARD... You always have the neatest projects and pictures, Heather! :) LOVE IT! :)
Hugs and lots of Love!
Kathy